Participating in JA BizTown? Please complete the School Agreement form below.
2021-2022 JA BizTown School Agreement
To help students receive the best experience, Junior Achievement of the Heartland commits to the following and will provide:
- JA BizTown program experience (curriculum + online or in person simulation)
- Teacher, parent and volunteer training (online or in-person)
- Materials for use during the on-site visit
- School consultations (on phone, through email or in-person)
- Digital material access and/or print curriculum
For the 2021-2022 school year, your school will commit to:
Junior Achievement of the Heartland is following guidance provided by Junior Achievement USA, Center of Disease Control, and local health departments.
At this time we are unable to ensure social distancing during the interactive on-site simulation for the JA BizTown program. To protect our guests during the on-site simulation, we are requiring all individuals wear masks while inside our facility. If a guest arrives without a mask, JA of the Heartland will provide one. We will review this policy throughout the 2021-2022 school year. It is subject to change.
- Delivering the JA BizTown program to 4th, 5th or 6th grade students from your school by way of JA BizTown traditional curriculum or self-guided student curriculum, and either on-site simulation or the NEW JA BizTown Adventures online simulation.
- Complete the REQUIRED training by JA Staff for all teachers new to the JA BizTown curriculum. Please contact email@example.com to set up training for new teachers.
- Save JA BizTown curriculum binder each year.
- For on-site simulation must:
- Arrange student transportation.
- Secure a minimum of 14 adult volunteers. Note: A maximum of 18 adult volunteers is ideal for the most impactful student experience.
- Serve as liaison between adult volunteers and Junior Achievement. Teacher must inform volunteers of their responsibilities, inform volunteers of mandatory Volunteer Training 45 minutes before on-site simulation visit, and email volunteer shop assignments to Junior Achievement three-five days prior to simulation date.
- Paying the per-student fee of $15.00 per student that received classroom instruction. Junior Achievement will secure funding for the balance of the program cost. Payments should be received within 30 days of your JA BizTown simulation.