Virtual Volunteer Experience
Virtual Volunteers are needed. Learn more here.
Volunteers are critical to the success of our programs and JA volunteers can impact many students in a short span of time. As a volunteer, you will inspire and prepare young people for their futures and help youth avoid the financial pitfalls so many adults currently face.
What is my time commitment?
Time commitments vary with which program you are participating in however you can expect to spend:
- 60-90 minutes of orientation and training from a local JA staff member
- 30-60 minutes of self-preparation
- 1-3 hours of virtual classroom program instruction
What is provided to me?
- Training – you will be provided with guidance from a JA staff member including useful training materials for you to reference as you prepare for your volunteer experience.
- Connection – a teacher will be assigned to you and you will have the ability to contact the teacher directly with any questions you may have regarding the class.
- Content – a set of class materials that you will share with the class will be provided to you as a guide to what you’ll be teaching and where you can provide your experiences.
- Support – a local staff member will be available to assist you with any issues or to answer any questions you may have.